The Ohio Genealogical Society gives its members valuable benefits including:
- 4 issues of the Award-winning Ohio Genealogy News (digital)*
- 4 issues of the Ohio Genealogical Society Quarterly (digital)*
- Members-only section of the OGS website (including Ohio marriages, Ohio births, Ohio divorces, Ohio Civil War soldiers) - (see a complete list of member resources)
- Free Admittance to the Samuel D. Isaly Library
- Option to borrow duplicate books from the OGS Lending Library
- Discounts on any publications and store items (web site or at the library)
- Option to apply to OGS lineage societies
- Discounts on OGS Conference , OGS Fall Seminar, and OGS Genealogy Librarians’ Seminar
- Knowledgeable staff and volunteers available to provide assistance to you by phone call or email
- Option to attend free classes at the OGS Library throughout the year
- Access to the very top genealogical databases while in the library using OGS computers
- $15 Discount on OGS Library Copy Services (just $5.00 per request; non-members $20 per request)
- Free access to Heritage Pursuit from home (over 300 digital Ohio county histories)
- Entitles member to a vote in OGS elections to be a part of running the largest statewide genealogical society in the US
- Discount on applying to Society of Families of the Old Northwest Territory
- Free Access to the OGS Blog, the OGS Facebook Page, and the OGS Facebook Query Group
- Free Access to all digitized issues of OGS publications back to 1959 (including The Report, The OGS Quarterly, The OGS Newsletter, Ohio Genealogy News, Ohio Records and Pioneer Families, and the Ohio Civil War Genealogy Journal)
- Free access to 1,000 digitized county level books and databases from home
- Free web site databases prepared by our county chapters
- Free Webinars on genealogical topics from the country’s top instructors
- Eligible to submit your family’s story to our research collection
** Members can pay $5 extra to receive paper copies of publications
BE A PART IN HELPING US ACHIEVE OUR MISSION: To meet the educational needs of our members and the general public through the acquisition, preservation, and dissemination of genealogical and historical information
|Level||Description||One Year||Sustaining||Life||Sustaining Life|
|Joint||Two people at the same address; one subscription to OGN and OGSQ||$45||$90||$1225||$2450|
|Family||One or two adults and all children under age 18 residing at the same address||$50||$100|
|Youth||Under age 23||$30||$60|
- Sustaining Membership is double any membership category. One-half of that figure may be tax-deductible. Check with your tax advisor.
- Life Membership entitles the member to OGS benefits for their lifetime without having to renew each year. This cannot be transferred to another family member. Life Membership is also not available to libraries or institutions.
- Sustaining Life Membership is double the Life Membership category. This does not include additional benefits but is a donation category. One-half the fee may be tax-deductible. Check with your tax advisor. You can see a full list of OGS life members here
- Memberships outside the United States are an additional $10.
- The membership year starts on the first day of the month in which a new member joins.